Invoice Importer

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 06:37:13 EST 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 22:36:44 -0800 (PST)
reubano <reubano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:20 PM, John Ralls-2 [via GnuCash]
> <ml-node+s1415818n4258417h19 at n4.nabble.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:03 AM, reubano wrote:
> >

> >> Christian Stimming-4 wrote

> >> How would I do this on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion? I installed the binary
> >> but don't have the proper menu option. The wiki instructions for
> >> building gnucash on mac only mention testing up to Leopard. And I
> >> haven't seen any instructions
> >> on enabling python using macports either.
> >
> > No, the wiki instructions say that the *minimum* version it will
> > work on is Leopard. The procedure has been tested on Lion. Do note,
> > though, that the resulting binary won't work on any version of OSX
> > earlier than the SDK that you use. Note second that the bundle file
> > isn't set up for Python, so you'll need to modify it. You'll want
> > to include Python in your module list as well, so that you have an
> > in-tree build to work with.
>
> Please explain. So I follow directions from
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Building and add the line:
> module_autogenargs["gnucash"]="--enable-python"
>
> Is there anything additional I need to do?
>
> > Regards,
> > John Ralls
>

> --

The business -> invoice bill importer doesn't use python, it is
an optional module and needs to be enabled in
$HOME/.gnucash/config.user (In linux, I'm not sure about OSX), by
adding the line:

(gnc:module-load "gnucash/plugins/bi_import" 0)

I seem to have missed this bit off the guide page.

http://svn.gnucash.org/docs/guide/python-import-invoices.html

Mike E