Anyone speak french (gnucash-fr needs a new moderator)?

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Jan 7 14:47:06 EST 2012

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:14:46 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Email to the moderator of the gnucash-fr mailing list has been bouncing
> for a while.  I want to ask the gnucash-fr list if there is anyone that
> would like to step up to be a moderator, but I don't speak french.  I
> presume I could just write in English and hope people there understand
> me, or I could attempt to use Google Translate to make myself somewhat
> understood.  But I was hoping someone on this list might be able to
> help?

I'm learning French.  I could try a translation with the help of a
dictionary.  I'm still shaky on verb conjugation and such, but I might
still be better than Google Translate.  In any case. I could at least vet
the output from Google Translate;  I may not be able to improve it, but I
won't make it worse.

But I really think enough of the gnucash-fr readers understand enough
English to figure out that you're looking for a moderator, and you won't
really need a translator.  In Europe it's usual for the school system to
teach multiple languages.  You could even ask if one of the readers on
gnucash-fr would translate your English message.  They'd probably do a
better job than I.

-- hendrik