Longer term projects

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 12 14:29:16 EST 2012

I hadn't seen GSettings before.  Interesting.  I had come up with gnc_prefs object system which seems to work in a similar manner to GSettings.  GSettings also allows alternate backends, so we can somewhat transparently have different sets of settings (global, per-file, per-user, per-user-per-file) with a common API.

It was introduced in 2.26.  Is that too new for all of our supported platforms?