Building gnucash on Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 24 12:19:39 EST 2012

On 24 January 2012 16:30, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> writes:

>>> What was your --prefix?  If you didn't use a prefix that would explain
>>> it, because /usr/local/lib is probably not in your default ld.so.conf
>>> anymore.
>>
>> I have --prefix=/usr/bin/gnucash2.4, though initially I did build it
>> without a prefix then rebuilt it when I realised I had forgotten the
>> prefix.  Also it is only that one file it complains about, everything
>> else it seems to find ok.
>
> So it's in /usr/bin/gnucash2.4/bin/gnucash?   Weird..
>
>> The file is in /usr/lib/libglade/2.0 not /usr/local/lib.
>
> HUH.  Why is it there instead of /usr/lib?  Is this location in your
> ld.so.conf?

It seems that that is where it is installed from the package libgnomeui-0.
I don't see that path in ld.so.conf but man ld.so says that it looks
(after other paths) in default path /usr/lib. Would that include sub
directories?

libgnome.so is in the same place on 10.04 (and so.conf is pretty much
the same) where it runs ok.

Colin