Building gnucash on Ubuntu 12.04 Alpha

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jan 26 11:50:54 EST 2012

Op donderdag 26 januari 2012 15:34:32 schreef Colin Law:
> On 25 January 2012 16:54, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > It seems I have been barking up the wrong tree here.  I have built the
> > trunk from git and it runs fine, without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> > Moreover if I remove libgnome.so it still runs fine.  I have checked
> > that the only instance of libgnome.so on the system is the one in
> > /usr/lib/libglade/2.0.  So the question appears to be not why can the
> > 2.4 build not find the library at run time, but why is it looking for
> > it?
>
> Not knowing where to go from here I tried the base of the 2.4 branch
> and was surprised to find that it also fails.  As I said above the tip
> of trunk is ok.
> Now starting a bisect on the trunk to see where the
> problem went away on the trunk.  Obviously it is going to take a
> little time as I am doing a clean build at each one.

Sorry for not responding earlier.

Trunk is ok, because we have been in the process of converting trunk from
libglade to gtkbuilder. The last step of this was done a couple of days ago.

In this particular case, the difference is that trunk doesn't use any gnome-
druids anymore, but instead uses gtk-assistants.

Unfortunately for the above reason bisecting trunk won't help much. You will
have to figure out why ubuntu 12.04 is not finding the libgnome library.

> If anyone had a brainwave it would be helpful.  To summarize the problem.
> Building the 2.4 branch on Ubuntu 12.04 I find that when gnucash is
> run it cannot find libnome.so unless I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> Building the tip of trunk does not have this problem.
> Building the base of 2.4 branch *does* have the problem so something
> has changed on the trunk since then to fix it.
> The problem is not seen on Ubuntu 11.10

Which package is providing this file: (it may be a softlink in which case you
have to check the base file)
/usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libgnome.so

Geert