r21892 - gnucash/tags - Tagging the 2.4.10 release

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Jan 28 05:50:08 EST 2012

Op vrijdag 27 januari 2012 12:35:33 schreef John Ralls:
> On Jan 27, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Op donderdag 26 januari 2012 22:42:20 schreef Derek Atkins:
> >> Author: warlord
> >> Date: 2012-01-26 22:42:20 -0500 (Thu, 26 Jan 2012)
> >> New Revision: 21892
> >> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/21892
> >>
> >> Added:
> >>   gnucash/tags/2.4.10/
> >>
> >> Log:
> >> Tagging the 2.4.10 release
> >
> > Unfortunately, this tag is missing the fix for the startup crash on
> > Windows (which required to patch the Windows installer).
> >
> > I was too late to add it (due to other issues in real life).
> >
> > I have committed it now. It should help fix part of upgrade troubles on
> > Windows, although I can't seem to start my locally built 2.4 branch
> > checkout. The checkout is from yesterday, I haven't got time to check
> > the currently tagged 2.4.10 to see if this one is also affected.
> >
> > I'm sorry I can't be of more help here.
>
> Geert,
>
> I think you're the only dev with Win7 at the moment. I can re-tag 2.4.10 to
> get the change you just committed, but if you're going to have time to look
> at the Win7 crash over the weekend, maybe it would be better for me to hold
> off.

I'm sorry, my message may have been confusing. I only have Windows XP SP3. The
original poster reported the problem on Windows 7, and I neglected to mention
my Windows version in my reply.

Today I installed the 2.4.10 version that got built last night, but
unfortunately it still crashes with the same error.

I also tried on another Windows XP installation, figuring that my test VM got
corrupted somehow, but I get exactly the same results there.

I tried removing the .gtkrc, as at least for 2.4.9, it worked (even with the
Nimbus theme), but I can't get 2.4.10 to run.

It's very unlikely I can continue to debug this shortly, so as far as I'm
concerned, you can retag now. The crash caused by the installation issue is
fixed at least, what remains it to figure out why the app crashes on libgdk-
win32-2.0-0.dll.

Geert