Porting reports from 2.2.9 to 2.4.9

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 29 13:19:17 EST 2012

Op zondag 29 januari 2012 17:15:59 schreef Clint Redwood:
> Hi,
>
> I've put the 2.2.9 working report in the "standard reports" folder and when
> dies.
>
> I've not as of yet found any log file that's being written to with an error
> message, but then I don't really know where to look.
>
> I've looked at the "income statement" report which I based the report on,
> and a number of included libraries seem to have changed between 2.2.9 and
> 2.4.9, but just changing the libraries to match the new income statement
> report hasn't fixed it, so there must be other changes in the core of the
> report that I'll have to track down and implelement. If there is a suitable
> log file that would tell me what it's unhappy with then that would be a
> start... :-)
>
> I'm on MacOS SnowLeopard 10.6.
>
>From the top of my head, the most likely cause of this crash is that reports
in 2.4 require their own GUID, while 2.2 reports don't. Have a look at how the
base report is defined now compared to your report. The report definition
block is usually at the end of the file.

Also if a report fails to load this happens early on in the loading code. I'm
not sure the log file system is already configured at that point. On linux
this would generate a guile backtrace on the console, but I'm not sure how
this works on OS X.

Geert