Longer term projects

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 29 13:33:26 EST 2012

Have you given any thought to what it will take to replace qof event notifications with gobject signals?  The models are substantially different.  With qof, you register for all events and get everything, and then need to weed out what you are interested in, based on event type and object type.  To receive gobject signals, you need to connect to the signal for specific instances.

For some things, e.g. new prices, we could use the pricedb as the object which emits the signals when new prices are added or prices are modified.  How about for new engine objects?  do we need a gnc_engine object for these signals?