Gnucash Mobile alpha release
sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 21:49:29 EDT 2012
When I load this on my Kindle Fire, I am impressed. The interface is very easy to use.
A couple of problems I had:
1) When entering a transaction amount, the on screen pad doesn't include a '0'. Obviously, this renders the software less than useful. I do not know if that is a Kindle Fire issue; from what I understand, the Fire is running a version of 2.3, so it should be OK.
2) Perhaps I misunderstand what you're doing, but the transaction I entered didn't seem to be double entry? I only saw a single category, and if I tried to set a transaction transferring money from my checking account to a Dining expense account, the transaction just kept moving from one account to the other.
All in all, it's a great start though!
From: Ngewi Fet <ngewif at gmail.com>
To: GNUCASH devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 3:44 AM
Subject: Gnucash Mobile alpha release
It's about mid-term in the Google Summer of Code program and I would like
to share what I've been working on.
The Gnucash for Android app is now ready for a small alpha release. The
app supports android versions from Froyo 2.2 (API level 8) and above.
I have compiled an Android application package (apk) so that you do not
have to download the code and compile yourself.
This alpha release is not distributed through any Android market.
In order to install it,
1. Modify the settings of your phone to allow installation of applications
from "Unknown sources".
That can be found under Settings -> Applications (for Android 2.x
or under Settings -> Security (for Android 4.x devices)
2. Then you can just navigate to the link below in your phone browser and
then click on Download.
3. When the download is done, go to the Downloads app in your phone and
then click on GnucashMobile entry.
****** Disclaimer ***** *
*This is an alpha release, and active development is ongoing. The app is
not final and should not be used for*
*any production use (whatever that means for you). The (metaphorical) rug
can be pulled from under your feet at any time.*
Now that we have that out of the way, you can download the application
If you run into any issues, you can post them on the issues
Github repo. Thanks.
gnucash-devel mailing list
gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
More information about the gnucash-devel