Running unit tests under valgrind

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 21 23:10:04 EDT 2012

On May 21, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Donald Allen wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Phil Longstaff <phil.longstaff at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>> Yes.  A lot of the leaks are in the unit test code.  But I've found 2 legitimate leaks as well.
>
> Do you guys run the whole system under valgrind (John is obviously
> right about tests on the parts don't necessarily say anything about
> the whole) prior to release as part of your QA process?

Not routinely. Every so often someone will get motivated and run under valgrind for a while and chase down some of the leaks, but there are too many execution paths and not yet enough tests to be sure of exercising even a significant percentage of the program. We'll get that sorted eventually.

Regards,
John Ralls