Git migration - github vs code.gnucash.org

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 6 10:09:03 EST 2012

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> Why can't we set up commit hooks on each that immediately push to the
> other? Yes, there's a small chance of a conflict if two people push
> changes of the same file to each repository at the same moment, but
> the team is so small that that likelihood is infinitesimal.

My main concern is that code.gnucash.org winds up with changes that
weren't pushed by an 'authorized' developer.

I agree we can and should set up a post-commit hook that would push the
changes to github, as well as a cron job to perform a push periodically
"just in case".