r22143 - In the "New Customer" window, set keyboard focus to customer field.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 23 10:52:50 EDT 2012

Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de> writes:

>> Personally, in the new invoice dialog I would prefer the focus to be on
>> the invoice id. I have to move back to that field for each bill/invoice
>> I create.
>>
>> I can imagine that if you have set a counter for the invoice id, it
>> would be ok to focus directly on the customer field, but for vendor
>> bills the id depends on the vendor and can't be set automatically.
>
> Yes, you are probably right. I was thinking only about customer
> invoices here, where the id was set automatically by the counter
> anyway. (This change for the "New invoice" window was a user request
> in any case, by private message.) For a vendor invoice with a given
> id, this is different. Feel free to add an appropriate case
> distinction here, as long as the customer invoice dialog keeps the
> current behaviour.

Technically the "Invoice Id" should be *your* identity of the bill,
whereas the "Billing ID" would be the vendor's identity.  So jumping
straight to "Vendor" (or Customer, or Employee) and skipping the Invoice
ID should be perfectly safe in *most* situations.