r22449 - gnucash/trunk/src/backend/dbi/test - Add unittests for mysql and postgresql backends

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Oct 26 17:06:03 EDT 2012

On 26-10-12 19:47, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Geert Janssens <gjanssens at code.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>> Author: gjanssens
>> Date: 2012-10-26 04:49:41 -0400 (Fri, 26 Oct 2012)
>> New Revision: 22449
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/22449
>>
>> Modified:
>>     gnucash/trunk/src/backend/dbi/test/utest-backend-dbi-basic.c
>> Log:
>> Add unittests for mysql and postgresql backends
> Will this change require a running mysql and pg instance to "make
> check"?  (I haven't looked closely enough at the code).  Will it still
> pass if you don't have the mysql or pg dbd backends?
>
> -derek

The tests for mysql and pgsql will only be executed when the user
specified test databases at configure time using --with-test-mysql-url
and --with-test-pgsql-url respectively. If these configure options are
not used then the database tests are skipped. That part of the test
logic was already present, I didn't change it. The only thing I did was
adding the actual tests in the new unit test suite. They existed in the
pre-unittest testsuite already, but that old test suite is apparently
not run anymore.

Geert