Trivia: If GnuCash were a commercial program...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 14 09:40:10 EDT 2012

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> ... it is estimated it would have costed about 90 person years to develop :)

That sounds about right.  The project has been around for >15 years (I
think xAccountant, GnuCash's predecessor, was first released around
1996).  So yeah, if you imagine we had 6 developers over 15 years, that
sounds about right.  I think think that at any point in time we
definitely had 6-10 devs working (albeit not necessarily full time).

-derek