r22398 - gnucash/trunk/src/bin - Parse arguments before initializing GTK so --add-price-quotes works

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Sep 24 13:37:28 EDT 2012

On 24-09-12 18:05, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Maybe qof_log isn't being initialized in the same way anymore?
>
> -derek
>
> Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Mike, Geert,
>>
>> I start gnucash from a terminal window with:
>>
>> /opt/gnucash-svn/gnucash-working/bin/gnucash --debug --log
>> gnc.scm=debug --nofile
>>
>> This is the same as I have done for a long time when doing
>> development. It has always written to gnucash.trace, except for a few
>> messages (e.g., "development version" ..."found Finance::Quote...")
>> that go to the terminal window. Now gnucash.trace is empty and the
>> info that would normally be there is fed back to the terminal. What do
>> you see in a terminal if you start it there?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Geert Janssens
>> <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

It was due to my cleanups right after Mike's fix. To be more precise,
the cleanup revealed some other code that also tried to manipulate the
way logging works (in gnc_module_init). This used to be hidden because
logging was initialized after gnc_module, resetting the changes made by
gnc_module_init.

That makes a total of 3 different locations that used to do some form of
log initialization. That is now reduced to only one spot. Much cleaner IMO.

If you still have issues after r22425, please let me know.

Geert