Release Builds Failed

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Apr 1 08:52:55 EDT 2013

Hi there.
One more update.

It looks like the 2.4 daily build completed and uploaded just fine.
However it did not go ahead and build the 2.5.0 tag.

I don't know why it didn't (re-?)build 2.5.0.  I don't see anything in the
logs.  And I don't see why the 2.4.12 tag build would fail where the 2.4
branch build worked fine..  :(

-derek

On Sun, March 31, 2013 11:06 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Looks like the 2.4.12 build finished, built the setup, but still "failed"
> and didn't copy the .exe or build log to the server.  The end of the log
> file says:
>
> Shutdown error: Failed: Failure shutting down configuration server:
> ILD:omg.org/.COBRA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
> Now running the inno Setup Compiler for creating the setup.exe
>
> ### Restore MYSS
>
> Build (dist) Finished at Sun Mar 31 22:28:26 EDT 2013
>
> So I don't actually see an error here, except for the Shutdown Error.  But
> Inno runs after that and didn't complain.
>
> It's building the 2.4 branch nightly build right now.  Then hopefully
> it'll build 2.5.0.  But I'm off to bed.  I'll check again in the morning.
>
> -derek
>
> On Sun, March 31, 2013 9:03 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Right now it does look like it's rebuilding 2.4.12.  We'll see how that
>> goes, and then I think it'll try to build 2.5.0.  I'll try to keep an
>> eye
>> on it until I head to bed.
>>
>> -derek

>>> The output file of Inno Setup was written correctly - we can see it on
>>> the
>>> server, and I will copy it to the webserver manually right now.
>>>
>>> The failure must have been in build_package.sh right after the
>>> setup.exe
>>> was
>>> created. My suspicion is that it failed due to the file name mangling