sale of stock - transaction posts incorrectly

Keith Bellairs keith at bellairs.org
Tue Apr 9 15:01:47 EDT 2013

Parent accounts are
1 Asset (top-level asset-type CAD)
    1.4 Investments (child account asset-type CAD)
        1.4.4 <mutual fund> (child account stock-type mutual-fund security,
no currency but it is a USD priced commodity)

For fun I changed the currency of "Investments" to USD, but <mutual fund>
continues to be broken. I have a variety of accounts with USD or CAD
currencies. My "default currency" is CAD.

There are other children of Investments that are asset accounts with names
like <broker name> and then stocks beneath them. They seem to all post
correctly.

KB