Domain blacklisted by AT&T

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 21 16:31:56 EDT 2013

On 4/21/2013 10:10 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> I have no issues connecting to wiki.gnucash.org.
>
> I'm not on on the AT&T network, so you may have to check with them for more details.
>
> Geert
>
> On Saturday 20 April 2013 12:58:06 Stephen R. McKnight wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> It seems that the wiki.gnucash.org subdomain has been blacklisted by
>> part or all of the AT&T u-verse network.  They claim the server at
>> that IP was compromised, but gave an e-mail to contact for resolution
>> by the owner - G20695 at att.com.  Has anyone else had a similar issue
>> accessing anything on wiki.gnucash.org?  SVN, the wiki, even the
>> mailing list front-end all come back unavailable, like it timed out.
>>
>> ~Steve

I am on AT&T and their 'free' anti-virus software is provided by
McAfee.  The only reason I have U-verse is because they were the first
on our block with the video service that my wife wanted, and they are
still slightly cheaper for the combination of services that we want.  I
use McAfee too but it is a PITA, giving scads of false positives.  There
is a configuration option that is not well documented to make McAfee
better behaved, but I have not tried to fine-tune the highly customized
AT&T version yet.  You might just want to spend the money for a
competitive product that is better behaved.  Their help desk sucks too.
That is after you spend several minutes blindly trying to find out how
to talk to a human being that has some expertise remotely related to
your issue of the day.

Search the Internet and talk to your friends for comparisons of various
brands and types of protection products.

David C