Base And Gnucash

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Apr 29 14:25:51 EDT 2013

On 29 Apr 2013, at 7:28 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Because Gnucash isn't that kind of a program. It's an accounting program, the exact domain for which SQL was invented. "Basically Available, Soft state, Eventual consistency" are all anathema to accountants.

Really? I am still waiting for one client's accountant to "eventually" pay me, and I will "eventually" capture those invoices piled on my desk.

> Would you want your bank to treat your account that way?

My bank does treat my account this way. If you pay me now, I'll "eventually" get the money, maybe in two hours, maybe in two days, maybe 7 days if you gave me a cheque.

Regards,
Graham