Cron <git-svn at code> $HOME/git-svn-sync

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 21 11:48:00 EDT 2013

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> On Aug 20, 2013, at 1:17 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmm, it just created a new branch on GitHub -- not sure if that's what we
>> wanted to happen?  Granted, the error went away..
>
> You expected it not to push to Github?

I didn't know what to expect.  I didn't expect it to push as a branch.

> The downside of having it there is that cloning now defaults to master
> instead of trunk. That's what git users expect, so its not that much
> of a downside. It could mess up a committer setting up a new repo if
> he's not paying attention.

Well, our instructions do specify pulling out -b trunk...  I'm not sure
what would happen if you 'git svn init' and push from "master".