Documentation

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 14:37:00 EST 2013

Hi David,

Am 11.12.2013 19:22, schrieb David T.:
> John—
>
> I’ll note that the GnuCash website Writing Documentation page, and it
> still includes all the information that scared David C. away (me too,
> I’ll add). Moreover, the directions there are all svn-based. Is there
> a clear and simple outline of the git process for documentation that
> us non-programmers can daily follow?

You could also try this:
Install Eclipse from eclipse.org - it is java based.
Inside install the following plugins:
 EGit for git access
 VEX, a visual XML editor
 optional CDT, the C Developement Tools, to run the autotools
 - make etc. - inside Eclipse.

Help us to improve the related wiki pages: GIT, Eclipse, ...
by reporting the problems occuring in a fresh install.
Ask here or quicker on IRC

To date, I have avoided the
> DocBook cycle in favor of placing my corrections into comments on
> Bugzilla and relied on others to migrate my edits into the actual
> documentation. If there really were a simple method for editing, that
> functions more like a word processor rather than a programming
> platform, it might broaden the documentation team.
>
> David

~Frank