Splash Screen

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sat Dec 14 06:15:37 EST 2013

On Wednesday 11 December 2013 12:04:14 John Ralls wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2013, at 3:58 PM, Tom <wi271 at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to GnuCash. Today I had some time left and I used it to
> > create this splash screen:
> >
> > https://github.com/tr37ion/gnucash/blob/trunk/src/pixmaps/gnucash_sp
> > lash.png
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I’ve been thinking a new splash screen would be nice, but yours
> unfortunately doesn’t do a lot for me, though I’m in favor of
> removing the FSF’s trade dress. It’s inappropriate for us since we
> have no relationship with the FSF.
>
> Anyone else have an opinion?

You more or less express my opinion as well. A new splash screen would be nice, but this one is
not what I would choose.

Tom, I find the splash screen well done in itself. However I'm missing some integration with the
rest of the GnuCash brand style. The first thing that struck me for example is the choice of
colours: mostly beige/yellow. However look at the GnuCash website for example: it uses
various shades of purple/lilac.

I would have gone into more detail, but your splash screen seems to have been removed in the
meantime so I can't go back to refine my impression.

Geert