Building on Windows from scratch

Gary Bilkus mail at gary.bilkus.com
Thu Dec 19 04:36:28 EST 2013

Has anyone actually succeeded in following the instructions on the wiki page http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows/Development from scratch and ending up with a working gnucash. Or is there some other hidden set of instructions.....

I have tried to build gnucash on windows several times and have never succeeded. It's clearly possible, because there's a windows version out there. So what's the secret?

All I can see in the archives are various other people who have problems, no complete solution.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Almost every stage seems to fail - wget won't download automatically, crypt libraries are missing when you get wget, other libraries don't compile. I follow various threads to fix the problems, and finally get an executable which just crashes.

Surely someone must know how to do this correctly?

Thanks,

Gary