Fwd: Gnucash cloud sync

Emmanuel Florent emmanuel.florent at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 08:36:33 EST 2013

Sorry link was somehow broken, it is here : https://launchpad.net/flowzr

EF

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Emmanuel Florent <emmanuel.florent at gmail.com>
Date: 2013/12/20
Subject: Gnucash cloud sync
To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org

I'm very proud today to announce the release of Gnucash Cloud Sync !

The deliverable consist of a working server + gui application + a project
repository.

This is a Gnucash boot-wrapper that auto-magically sync the xml file before
and after gnucash is opened on a Cloud server.
Think a kind of Gnucash Anywhere + Cloud Backup + share books + additional
components (*)(**)

For the developers, the Gnucash Cloud Sync (gcs) both the server and the
client will be distributed and licensed under the GNU Affero General Public
License 3.0.  and copyrighted by myself Emmanuel Florent, you may find some
of the code a little bit "scripty", for example it have it's own caching
model. It's a design choice: I thought it was required in term of api if
the software itself have to communicate with several apis. Please consider
I'm not a conservative developer and I learned IT by myself only a few
months ago.

For the users, please support & fund our initiative, or try it for free:
http://www.flowzr.com/gnucash<http://www.flowzr.com/gnucash-cloud-sync.html>
/
Flowzr + Gnucash offer a pretty cool solution to the analytical &
multi-user feature request.

Emmanuel Florent
http://www.flowzr.com/

(*) Previously the Android app that will soon allow users to edit their
Gnucash files on their Android mobile device. (based on the ***great***
Financisto app, licensed under the GNU General Public License 2.0, Server
source code released today)
(**) the Bank Connector, yet another open source AGPL Project.