Building on Windows from scratch

Gary Bilkus mail at gary.bilkus.com
Wed Dec 25 13:46:32 EST 2013

On 24/12/2013 18:25, Gary Bilkus wrote:

>> > So it carried on until
>>
>> > extracting libdbi-0.8.4.tar.gz ... done

>> > Hunk #2 FAILED at 154
>>
>> > 1 out of 4 hunks FAILED....
>>

>> > Will look further later.
>>
>> Odd I could build. But then again I did so many rebuilds, perhaps I
>> worked with a different patch than what I eventually committed.
>>
>> Thanks for looking at this !
>>
>> Geert
>>
> Another update.
> - The problem with libdbi goes away if you change the patch command on
> line 792 and again on line 828 to include  -l
> patch -l -p1 <......
> I assume there's some weird whitespace problem with either the patch
> of the current version of the code
> - There seems to be a version issue with GWENHYFAR_VERSION
> It builds OK but every time I restart it rebuilds. For some reason
> it's built a version which annouces itself as 4.7.0beta even though
> the file it downloads says it's 4.8.0beta
> If I build and change the version to 4.7.0beta it doesn't then try and
> rebuild each time. But seems a bit strange.
>
> Finally, it tries to build gnucash itself.
> The first sign of a problem is that it says:
>       please add the files codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconf.m4
> isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4 progtest.m4 from the /aclocal directory to
> your autoconf macro directory or directly to your aclocal.m4 file
>
> And then
> You shoudl add the contents of /c/soft/gnome/share/aclocal/intltool.m4
> to aclocal.m4
> Running autoconf
>
> NOTE: Just run configure. Even if something told you to run aclocal,
> autommake.....
>
> You must now run ./configure --enable-compile-warnings ....
> ./install-impl.sh: lin 1296: ../repos/configure: No such file or
> directory.
>
> Not sure if this is where you are at this point too....
> Gary
A bit further now.....
If I change the REL_REPOS_DIR to $GLOBAL_DIR\\gnucash.git
then it runs configure OK and bombs out on libxml2 tests
This is because the compiler doesn't recognise -no-undefined, so I guess
I got to where you were.
If you remove -no-undefined from configure.ac and try again, configure
completes and the make starts.
It then fails in libqof/qof/guid.c line 243 unknown conversion type
character l in format [-Werror=format=]
and again in line 510 and 513....