cmd line: import of transactions and invoice data

Jannick jannick.news at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 11:03:39 EST 2013

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert <at> telenet.be> writes:

> On Tuesday 31 December 2013 10:34:41 Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, December 31, 2013 9:59 am, Jannick wrote:
> > > I am currently looking into using gnucash on a command line basis.
> > > Are there
> > > - if any - command line instructions to import (1) transactions and
> > > (2) invoice data (example file shipped with the latest 29.12.2013
> > > version).
> > >
> > > Many thanks and have a great 2014!
> > > J.
> >
> > Sorry, no.  GnuCash is a GUI tool.  There is no command line
> > interface.
> >
> > -derek
>
> to add to this, if your gnucash version has been compiled with python
support, you could write
> python scripts to do this for you on the command line. There is
unfortunately not much
> documentation on this feature. The example scripts that come with the
python bindings may
> be a good start.
>
> Geert

Thx for the quick replies! Hmm, too bad. But, Geert, picking up your idea -
given that I am not good at compilation and at python - is the python
support shipped with Win complilation?

Coming from another (back-)end: Do you know if someone has gone down the
implementation route to import data into the MySQL db? Or - more generally -
if some app can cope with adding/changing transactions in the MySQL db?

I am just racking my brain how to automatically import data (coming from
different sources: hbci, invoice overviews, non-hbci bank transactions etc)
to use all the good features coming with gnucash.

Many thanks again.
J.