Github Migration

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Feb 1 23:57:18 EST 2013

--On February 1, 2013 2:35:36 PM -0800 John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
wrote:

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:14 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
>> Just a heads-up to everyone: Derek and I are migrating the Github
>> repositories now. The old ones have been renamed to e.g.
>> gnucash-old, so if you want to keep using them while we work, just
>> go to your local repo and say git remote set-url origin
>>  git://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-old or gnucash-docs-old or
>> gnucash-htdocs-old. While you're at it, you may want to rename the
>> directory as well.
>
> And we're done, so everybody start converting to the new repos!

Has anyone been able to get the instructions at
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Migration_Notice> to work?  Are you
supposed to change the url for "origin" in the old clone of the
repository as described above?  If I do, then the "get fetch transfer"
step says there are no common elements and clones everything.  If not I
get a bunch of unresolvable references on this step after which none of
the transfer/xxx branches exist.  I suspect that my git repository is
just so hosed up that it won't convert easily.

           Mike