CRLF issues on checkout (was Re: Gnucash 2.5/6 - jqplot)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Feb 22 23:52:03 EST 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 11:14 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> Op 22-02-13 19:45, Geert Janssens schreef:
>> Op 22-02-13 19:23, Mike Evans schreef:
>>>
>>> Thanks for checking Geert.  I removed my $HOME/.gitconfig and tried
>>> again with the same result.  My git version is 1.7.6.5 on Fedora 15 not
>>> sure it that makes any difference.  Anyway now we know where the
>>> problem is (me) I know the solution is local.  Enough for today though
>>> I think.
>> My git version is git-1.8.1.2-1.fc18.i686 on Fedora 18. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
>>
>> What exact url are you using to clone from github ?
>> Mine is git at github.com:Gnucash/gnucash.git
>>
>> Any other devs seeing this ?
>>
>> Geert
> Additionally, can you check if the "eol" attribute is already supported in your git version ? It is mentioned in "man gitattributes" on my system and is the attribute I'm using to force consistent line endings. It may be a more recent addition.

Yeah, I see it on OSX.  When I follow the "renormalizing" procedure, I get
  warning: CRLF will be replaced by LF in src/report/jqplot/foo.js.
  The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
For all of the files that Mike listed.
Curiously, changing the *.js entry in .gitattributes to crlf and repeating the procedure has no effect.
It appears that you got those js files into the repo with crlf line endings.

git version 1.7.9.6 (Apple Git-31.1)
The "eol" attribute is documented in gitattributes(5)

Regards,
John Ralls