user.config file and path

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 3 12:01:30 EST 2013

Hi,

Alin Cota <alin_break at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I would like to create a custom report (a balance sheet with net
> current assets and more) but following the guide on wikipedia, I
> couldn't even get past the user.config file.
> I didn't have it the .gnucash folder so I created with the xml
> extension. I added the line *(load
> "C:\\Users\\Alin\\.gnucash\\Report-template.scm")*
> I have windows 7. I really don't know what to do and I'm angry because
> I had so many ideas for reports.

You are correct that the "config.user" file does not exist -- you do
have to create it.  However, you should create the file named
"config.user".  It should NOT have any additional extension.  So you
creating it "with the xml extension" is why it's not working, because
now the file is named "config.user.xml" which is not what GnuCash is
looking for.

Rename the file to "config.user" and restart gnucash.