Unstable Download

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 10 13:46:32 EST 2013

On Jan 10, 2013, at 9:33 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:
>
>> We should get that off of the downloads page
>> (http://www.gnucash.org/download.phtml), considering that it's years
>> older than the current stable release.
>>
>> I'll do that tomorrow if no one objects -- or beats me to it.
>
> You mean the 2.3.x releases?  Maybe just hide the code for now, or
> specifically mention "2.3" to make it clear it is older than the stable
> 2.4 releases?

Oh, it's pretty clear that it's 2.3.

I'm not talking about removing the releases themselves from SF, just the part of the downloads webpage that points to them. It just doesn't seem appropriate to me to have a banner offering downloads of the "unstable development version" when we're doing all of the work in trunk and don't actually have a current unstable release available.

Regards,
John Ralls