Testing docs in development version

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Jan 13 10:28:57 EST 2013

On 12-01-13 20:44, Yawar Amin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 2013-01-12 13:44, Yawar Amin wrote:
>> [...]
>> Excellent! That's exactly what I needed. Am writing this up in the wiki
>> (http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions) now.
> Wiki update done. Let me know if any mistakes/changes needed.
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions#Step_7_-_test_documentation_in_Linux
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yawar

Your explanation looks clear to me. Thanks for adding it to the wiki !

Regarding your comment in 7.3: it is indeed not possible to use the
XDG_DATA_DIRS method to load a different set of documentation for the
system-installed gnucash. This is because the 2.4 series uses a
different mechanism to locate the documentation, which is hard-coded at
compile time. So XDG_DATA_DIRS only works with fairly recent trunk
builds and for future system-installed gnucash starting from GnuCash 2.6.

Geert