Issue running git-svn-mirror script on code

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jan 22 06:43:57 EST 2013

On 21-01-13 21:03, Yawar Amin wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> On 2013-01-21, at 9:11, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Geert and I were working over the weekend to try to set up an svn->git
>> mirror on code.  Alas, I seem to have an issue that I don't know how to
>> fix.
> I don't know gitolite, but wouldn't it work  if you simply copied (not cloned) John's already-existing gateway repo, I mean his local one (that does the git svn dcommits) with all the svn metadata already built in?
>
> Regards,
>
> Yawar

Another option would be to keep John's Jeeves set up to handle all
git-svn interaction until we can drop our svn set up completely.

The only change needed on John's server would be that it should push all
updates to the gitolite repositories instead of the github ones. The
gitolite manages repos then push to github.

The last part is the only part we want to keep long term: master
repositories in gitolite on code.gnucash.org, which sync to github for a
wider audience.

In the worst case, we have to keep the git-svn stuff around until we
abandon the 2.4 development. But with some tweaking, it may even be
dropped sooner.

So the question is: is it worth the effort to try and replicate the
git-svn bridge on code.gnucash.org ?

Geert