gnucash at realmtech.net
Wed Jan 23 06:52:03 EST 2013
I've got a bit over AU$100 credit leftover at a freelance developer site called
I'd like to create a project on the site to fund the implementation of the lot
transfer functionality described here:
Since I know very little about GnuCash's internal architecture, I was hoping
someone here would be willing to help me write the specification to ensure it's
done in a way suitable to be merged into the mainline, for everyone to benefit
As far as I can tell, it would involve:
1. Addition of a checkbox to the New/Edit account screens to mark an account as
a "lot account"
2. A hook somewhere auto-create a new lot when there's a new entry. Code
could probably be borrowed from the scrubber?
3. (personal preference, not on the wiki) add a column to "lot accounts" to show
the lot title against every split
4. Assume LIFO like the scrubber does -- add a hook to auto-assign (and close)
lots on outgoing transactions. Again,. probably could be borrowed from
the lot scrubber.
5. The most complicated: alter the data structure to remove the tie between lots
and accounts (i.e., guid only). This will probably need changes in other
places that make an assumption or have a dependency that lot guids lie in a
single account. I can only think of the lot scrubber at the moment?
6. Assuming it would go into a future release of GnuCash, presumably some logic
to upgrade the data file/database schema
Any and all help appreciated...
More information about the gnucash-devel