Github reset

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jan 31 09:18:31 EST 2013

I think everything is in place to switch the master git repositories to
code.gnucash.org and proceed with the github reset. The repos are
configured at code.gnucash.org, the trigger to push all updates to a
slave repo (github) are in place.

The only thing left, is to actually do it. From what I can see, this
requires some coordination between John and Derek as they manage the two
servers involved in the switch.

Here's what has to happen IMO:
- Disable the push to github on John's server
- Rename the current github repositories
- Create new, empty repositories on github
- Set the origin parameters in the gitolite repos to point at the new
github repos
- manually push once (git push --all in each gitolite repo)
- update our git wiki page to explain the old repos will be available
for a while to help migrating
- (optionally) John's server could be configured to push to the renamed,
old repos for as long as we want to keep them alive

Did I miss anything ? Does any step require more details ?

If not, I'll leave it up to John and Derek to pick a date and time to do
the work.

Geert