gnucash git line endings (CR/LF)?

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Jul 1 12:02:59 EDT 2013

John,

On Mon, July 1, 2013 11:47 am, John Ralls wrote:
[snip]

>> What are the contents of your ~/.gitconfig?  Mine are:
[snip]

> Geert probably has autocrlf=input in his ~/.gitconfig, and you should,
> too. See
> https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings#platform-all .

That must be it.  I just ran:

git config --global core.autocrlf input

which added this to my .gitconfig:

[core]
	autocrlf = input

and then I did a new local clone and it worked as expected:

[warlord at mocana gnucash]$ rm -rf gnucash-trunk
[warlord at mocana gnucash]$ git clone --local -b trunk gnucash.git
gnucash-trunk
Cloning into 'gnucash-trunk'...
done.
[warlord at mocana gnucash]$ cd gnucash-trunk
[warlord at mocana gnucash-trunk]$ git st
# On branch trunk
nothing to commit, working directory clean
[warlord at mocana gnucash-trunk]$

Thanks.

So I think I have my gnucash setup mostly up to date to how I want to work
for now..  I've got a bare (mirrored) repo from which I will fetch updates
from git, then I will git-update in my separate branch WCs where I want
will do my work and from those WCs I'll perform the dcommit.  It does mean
I need to svn init in each WC, but that's relatively minor, I think.

For my work system, however, there is no intermediate repo so I'll have a
master git-svn repo and then do local git clones from that for my WCs,
which means I'll need to commit back to my master repo and then dcommit
from there.

It kinda sucks that I have to work this way, but I don't want to be able
to have multiple branches checked out at all times, which means I need
some additional repo that I'm willing to constantly change the working
branch in order to dcommit.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745