working with git-svn (was ...)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Jul 1 13:18:30 EDT 2013

On Mon, July 1, 2013 1:03 pm, John Ralls wrote:

>> For my work system, however, there is no intermediate repo so I'll have
>> master git-svn repo and then do local git clones from that for my WCs,
>> which means I'll need to commit back to my master repo and then dcommit
>> from there.
>>
>> It kinda sucks that I have to work this way, but I don't want to be able
>> to have multiple branches checked out at all times, which means I need
>> some additional repo that I'm willing to constantly change the working
>> branch in order to dcommit.

First, this should read "but I *want* to be able to have multiple branches
checked out at all times".  I'm not sure where that extra "don't" came
from.

> Why don't you just set up the intermediate repo?

What's the point?  It just adds more work for me.  It means I have to run
the git-svn update, git pull, and then git-update scripts every time I
want to update a WC repo.  Admittedly I believe there *is* a git-svn
synced repo at work that I might be able to pull from, so I *may* be able
to set it up just like GnuCash.  I may need to play with that.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745