Release 2.5.3 crashes randomly

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 9 08:42:11 EDT 2013

In Windows 7 64 bit I had found a work-around to edit scheduled
transactions successfully, or so I thought.  I tried using it on a
different file and after the third scheduled transaction edit GnuCash
crashed in a seemingly random event.  Then, after re-starting GnuCash
2.5.3 on the same file, GnuCash seemingly randomly crashed shortly after
having sat idle for several minutes in the background then resuming
activity of simple actions that had previously not caused problems as
far as I can recall.  For now I have reverted to 2.4.13, but before I
next find time to try 2.5.3 I wonder if others are experiencing crashes
that do not seem to be triggered by a specific user action.

David C