2.5 on FreeBSD (was Re: 2.5.1 on FreeBSD 9-Stable)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 13 23:48:04 EDT 2013

On Jul 13, 2013, at 5:02 PM, Graham Menhennitt <graham at menhennitt.com.au> wrote:

> On 06/05/2013 07:50, John Ralls wrote:
>> Please remember to copy all replies to the list: Use "Reply All" or if your client supports it "Reply List".
>>
>> Yes, gnc-date is thoroughly rewritten for 2.6. The POSIX-compliant functions are designed to fail in 2038, and we've had user complaints about being unable to set up mortgages which extend beyond that date.
>>
>> I'll set up a FreeBSD VM and see what I can figure out for 2.5.2. Thanks for the report.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>
> G'day John,
>
> I tried 2.5.3 (and 2.5.2) on FreeBSD and still have the same problem.
> It's trivial to make the changes to get it to build. With those changes,
> it seems to  run correctly (although I'm not currently in Daylight
> Saving, so I'm not sure if that works correctly). However, I very much
> doubt that my trivial fix is the "correct" way of doing it. Could you
> please have another look at this.

Oh, yeah, *that's* what that VM was supposed to be for. :-/ I couldn't spare enough time to get X working
well enough to get a development environment going, so there aren't any changes.

Could you make a patch of your change and attach it to a new bug for me to review?

What version of GLib do you have?

Regards,
John Ralls