importing transactions without setting CREC

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Sun Jul 21 11:01:35 EDT 2013

I don't understand why it is a problem for you to have the transactions set to
CREC / "cleared". There is also the state YREC / "reconciled", which is yet
another state that can be used to distinguish the transactions that are
"really reconciled" vs. those that are still waiting for reconciled. (Just for
completeness: Transactions can be switched from "c" and "n" to "y" by marking
them reconciled in the "Reconcile" dialog window and pressing "Finish
Reconciling" there.)

Can you elaborate why having those transactions in "c" instead of "n" is a
problem for you, while keeping in mind that there is still the state "y"
available? Also, having transactions entered by parsing the credit card
receipts in my opinion also makes them somewhat more reliable than having
entered them purely by hand, which makes me think the "c" state is also quite
suitable.

Regards,

Christian