Gnucash reports: Automake Failure

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jun 4 14:52:55 EDT 2013

On Monday 03 June 2013 20:20:12 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, June 3, 2013 6:03 pm, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > I have just committed a fix that seems to cure this.
> >
> > Can you check ? If not, Peter also submitted an alternative fix we
> > can use instead.
> >
> > Geert
>
> On my F15 system using a completely fresh checkout I get a successful
> "make" but "make check" fails in the report tests.  I think the issue
> is that the 'test' directory doesn't properly create the scheme
> links:
>
> [warlord at mocana build]$ ls -la
> src/report/report-system/test/gnucash/report/report-system/test/
> total 8
> drwxrwxr-x. 2 warlord warlord 4096 Jun  3 19:50 .
> drwxrwxr-x. 3 warlord warlord 4096 Jun  3 19:50 ..
> [warlord at mocana build]$
>
> The issue is that the SCM links need to be made always, even if you're
> not running in a separate build dir.
>
> I've committed a fix.  Can you please test?

This will cause errors as well: if SCM_FILE_LINKS is unconditionally defined, make distclean will
delete files it shouldn't.

The confusing part is that there are two sets of links being created:
- if building out-of-tree, all scm files in the source directories need to be linked to from the
build directories. That part should only be done when building out of tree
- some scm files are guile modules and should be available from a fake guile load path. For
this another set of links is created, which should be done for both in-tree and out-of-tree
builds. (This are the files that are being called via use-modules in other guile scripts)

The problem with the two makefiles was that it didn't make a distinction between the two
types of files for its makefile generation.

I have now fixed this in r 23036 (I hope). Let me know if this still fails.

Geert