r23044 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Introduce transaction setter xaccTransSetDatePostedSecsNormalized() that ignores the time-of-day part.

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Jun 14 14:58:55 EDT 2013

On Jun 14, 2013, at 1:50 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> First it would imply that we have the concept of Periods instead of
> assuming a period based on the transaction date.

Maybe, but I don't think so.  The use of the term "thirteenth period" is misleading (in the other software too) and I shouldn't have called it that.  It's really a flag on a transaction that says that the transaction took place at the very end of the date indicated.  All transactions with that flag set would sort after all transactions without it set, but otherwise would be ordinary transactions.  When we have our end of year meeting with our accountant he always gives us a list of end-of-year transactions to put in the books.  These are supposed to occur after all other transactions for the fiscal year and with this change would be dated for the last day in the year with this flag set.

           Mike