r23044 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Introduce transaction setter xaccTransSetDatePostedSecsNormalized() that ignores the time-of-day part.

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Mon Jun 17 23:27:41 EDT 2013

--On June 17, 2013 1:02:50 PM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
wrote:

> If we're going to support the business features as Cash (versus
> Accrual), then we need some way to specify that a transaction
> "happens" in a period other than that denoted by its post-date.
> Either that, or we need to change the way the business features post
> to the CoA.

I suppose that's correct, but I'm not sure what it has to do with the
current discussion.  I thought we were talking about how to record the
transaction date for book closing transactions created by Tools->Close
Book.  Or are you generalizing the discussion to the larger topic of
transaction dates and cash vs. accrual accounting?

            Mike