r23044 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Introduce transaction setter xaccTransSetDatePostedSecsNormalized() that ignores the time-of-day part.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 21 12:41:24 EDT 2013

Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> writes:

> --On June 18, 2013 10:03:08 AM -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
> wrote:
>
>> I was generalizing to the larger (but similar) discussion of how you
>> specify the period for any transaction.  Sure, we could solve the
>> one-off problem of closing transactions just with a flag, but why not
>> solve the more general problem and hit all of them at once with just a
>> little bit more work?
>>

> That sounds good to me, I was just confused about the topic of
> discussion.  I'm afraid I haven't thought about the larger problem
> enough to have many ideas off the top of my head.

I've only thought about it a bit, but not sufficiently.  It gets much
harder when dealing with "partial payments" on invoices when you need to
track VAT with the payment date/period.