Recommend IDE for coding in "C"

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Mar 18 15:14:37 EDT 2013

On 18-03-13 19:26, Christian Stimming (mobil) wrote:
> I switched to qtcreator recently, after years of emacs. Qtcreator makes it very easy to jump between the various interesting places in the code, although our C implementation with the private structures doesn't work in qtcreator as well as it could. In pure c++ it works even better.
>
> Christian

And I am using Eclipse as my IDE, which also has flixible navigation
features to jump around in the code. I haven't used Qtcreator, so I
can't compare. Another thing I like about Eclipse is its integration
with various scm systems (via plugins), like git, svn,...

It also comes with a pretty good python mode. It doesn't work well on
guile code though. I edit the GnuCash guile code in kate, which at least
has decent syntax highlighting.

Geert