Recommend IDE for coding in "C"

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Wed Mar 20 16:15:26 EDT 2013

On 20 Mar 2013, at 7:13 PM, Buddha Buck <blaisepascal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both C and C++ are old enough languages that they have a certain amount of
> cruft in their design with makes it hard for IDEs to get their hooks into
> them to provide "advanced" services.  For instance, while there are
> "refactoring" tools for Java and C# that work with popular IDEs for those
> languages, there are none for C/C++.

I've been using Eclipse for a number of years for C/C++ development, and while not as polished as the Java stuff, it does the job. Eclipse also provides a similar set of refactoring tools for C/C++ as to Eclipse for Java, I am sure there are differences, but none that I've found insurmountable, so to say there are no refactoring tools for C isn't true.

Regards,
Graham