GSOC

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 21 19:16:42 EDT 2013

On Mar 21, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:

> This message never got any more replies, yet the deadline for organisations is
> coming close.
>
> Personally I won't be available to mentor. I'm looking at some very busy
> months.
>
> Are others interested and available in mentoring potential students ?
>
> Geert
>
> On Saturday 26 January 2013 22:10:16 Christian Stimming wrote:
>> Am Samstag, 26. Januar 2013, 12:54:26 schrieb John Ralls:
>>> The old mailing list on SF reminded me that if we want to do GSOC this
>>> year
>>> it's time to get the wiki page ready.
>>>
>>> Do we?
>>
>> Of course GSoC is a good thing to join. However, except for some help during
>> the org application I don't think I will be able to invest any effort from
>> my side. Hopefully some others here are able to work as a mentor, though.

I figured after the at best luke-warm reception in January that there wasn't enough interest to follow up. It's pretty late to do a web page.  GSoC isn't going to entertain an org with only one proposal and available mentor. If someone's really interested I suggest that they make a proposal to Gnome.

Regards,
John Ralls