SVN->GIT link broken?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 26 11:00:03 EDT 2013

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> On Mar 25, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
>

>> Perhaps I should set up a cron job to flush it out every 6 hours, just
>> in case something "missed"?
>
> Can't hurt. Would it be reasonable to have a "kicker" like the one for
> ceridwen, but in reverse, so that if it doesn't work right away a dev
> could push it? If one makes a change in trunk and wants to backport it
> it's kind of a pain if Github isn't updated right away.

Well, I don't want to just have anyone able to kick it; it's a potential
DoS.  Right now the way it works is that I have a cron job that runs
every minute to see if there's been a change, and if so it runs the
convert + push.  The change is detected because SVN touches a magic
file.

One thing I could try is to see if there was an error during the push
and, if so, reset itself to re-run by re-touching the file.  The
question is how easily can I detect that something went wrong?