SVN->GIT link broken?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 27 13:12:46 EDT 2013

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

> I'd use flock -n. There's no need for a job to wait when another is
> going to come along in a minute anyway. Move the rm inside the lock
> and check the lock (without the -n) in the commit hook to prevent a
> race between clearing, setting, and processing.

Yeah, I could change it to:

(
  flock -n 9 || exit 0
  rm -f $trigger
  if [github failure]
    touch $trigger
  fi
) 9>$lockfile

> Do you want git-svn-mirror to back off or to fail with an exit code if
> there's a problem with Github? If it backs off it will hold the lock,
> perhaps for a long time.

That's a good question.  I'm not sure what the right thing to do is,
here.  Maybe do one or two backoffs and then fail with an error?  If we
delay too-long then we'll delay additional svn -> gitolite migrations,
whereas if we don't do a backoff then we'll wind up retrying effectively
every minute (which isn't much of a "backoff").