GnuCash releases ?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 30 20:41:15 EDT 2013

I've got trunk passing distcheck now, so I'm going to bump and tag tonight and release tomorrow. Here's my NEWS item. Did I miss anything?

Regards,
John Ralls

         The Gnucash Development Team is pleased to release Gnucash 2.5.0,
	 the first release of an unstable series leading to Gnucash 2.6.0.

	 This release is UNSTABLE and SHOULD NOT BE USED in production.

	 Robert Fewell has contributed a rewrite of the ledger
	 (Gnucash's primary interface window) to use the GtkTreeModel
	 (select "register 2" from the menu) as well as a new CSV
	 import/export facility for account trees.

	 Gnucash now requires Gtk+-2.24 and GLib-2.26. We've removed
	 most of the dependencies on libraries obsoleted by project
	 Ridley and will in position to move to Gtk+-3.x once the
	 GtkTreeModel register window work is complete. This means
	 that Gnucash 2.5 requires Debian 6, RHEL 6, or one of the
	 more aggressive distributions like Ubuntu.

	 Gnucash now works with Guile-2.0.

	 The business module has been revamped and we introduce a new
	 feature, Credit Notes. It is now possible to import customers
	 and vendors from a CSV file as well.

	 The "Num" field is now optionally per-split rather than
	 per-transaction.

	 When opening a locked "book" one now has the option of
	 opening it read-only. Note that Gnucash is still a
	 single-user program and that the databaase backends are still
	 used only as a data store.

	 Gnucash is no longer subject to the "2038" bug, so that
	 30-year mortgages can now be entered correctly.

	 By agreement of all authors we have relicensed Gnucash to the
	 Gnu Public License Version 2 or later from just Version 2.