Release Builds Failed

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sun Mar 31 23:06:12 EDT 2013

Looks like the 2.4.12 build finished, built the setup, but still "failed"
and didn't copy the .exe or build log to the server.  The end of the log
file says:

Shutdown error: Failed: Failure shutting down configuration server:
ILD:omg.org/.COBRA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
Now running the inno Setup Compiler for creating the setup.exe

### Restore MYSS

Build (dist) Finished at Sun Mar 31 22:28:26 EDT 2013

So I don't actually see an error here, except for the Shutdown Error.  But
Inno runs after that and didn't complain.

It's building the 2.4 branch nightly build right now.  Then hopefully
it'll build 2.5.0.  But I'm off to bed.  I'll check again in the morning.

-derek

On Sun, March 31, 2013 9:03 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Right now it does look like it's rebuilding 2.4.12.  We'll see how that
> goes, and then I think it'll try to build 2.5.0.  I'll try to keep an eye
> on it until I head to bed.
>
> -derek
>
> On Sun, March 31, 2013 5:46 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 31. März 2013, 10:17:51 schrieb John Ralls:
>>> Neither the 2.4.12 nor the 2.5.0 release builds worked. The 2.4.12
>>> build
>>> failed to write the output file from Inno Setup
>>
>> The output file of Inno Setup was written correctly - we can see it on
>> the
>> server, and I will copy it to the webserver manually right now.
>>
>> The failure must have been in build_package.sh right after the setup.exe
>> was
>> created. My suspicion is that it failed due to the file name mangling
>> there.
>> However, the build_package.sh file doesn't write its error output to the
>> logfile anymore, which is why we don't see any error message from there.
>>
>>> and the 2.5.0 build
>>> aborted, for some reason not revealed in the log, after installing
>>> libxml2.
>>
>> No idea yet.
>>

>>> Can someone with shell access please investigate?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ralls

> --
>        Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
>        derek at ihtfp.com             www.ihtfp.com
>        Computer and Internet Security Consultant

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745